Monday, August 26, 2013

Hookah me up!

It is Monday again, le sigh.  I feel like there are so many more Mondays than there are Saturdays.  And I hate it.

My weekend was a quickie but a goodie.
The Fella and I hosted my twin 5 year old nephews’ birthday party at our house on Saturday.  
It was one part Star Wars, one part monster trucks and all parts awesome.
The boys are so different.  One asked for all things truck related and one asked for all things action hero.  One asked for the Star Wars movies and one asked for Beverly Hills Chihuahua!  Too funny.
I have been blessed with six amazing nieces and nephews.  They are the best things in my life!  Being an aunt and uncle is the most rewarding thing the Fella and I have ever experienced together.  It makes us so happy and brings us closer together as a couple as well.
We had a great turn out and it was complete chaos in our backyard for hours….and I loved it.  It was one of those moments when you just look around you and think of how luck you are to have moments like this.  Those moments where everyone around you feels completely happy at that moment and you are met with sounds of shrieking delight and laughter.
Those really are the moments that life is made up of…..I read a friend’s status on Facebook the other day that said “There is no perfect life, just perfect moments”.  I dig that.  I want a life full of perfect moments. This was one of those for sure.
Enough of the mushy stuff, here are some pics of the insanity...



Presies from Aunt Baby Giraffe


 
 
 


 

 
 
How awesome is this cake???  The other twin had a monster truck cake which was equally adorable and tasted even better but I did not get a good pic of it....sad face.
 
After the twins' party, we headed out for a more adult kind of celebrating at a nearby Hookah lounge.  This time we were celebrating the birth of a dear friend of ours. The smoke was brutal but we had a good time!
 
It is fun to get a little glammed up for some dancing and bevies with your girlfriends and the fellas.
Banana Republic shorts, VS top and Prabal Gurung for Target wedges
 


My ultimate go-to Glamazon fashion tip for a night out at a club/bar???  Dress up a pair of simple black shorts!  They can look pretty dressy and you dont have to worry about dresses being too short or pants looking like high-waters.
 
I skipped my usual ginormous necklace for some ginormous earrings instead.  Very "Around the Way Girl", cue LL Cool J.

I have been more into studs lately so this was a fun change of pace.  These earrings were my grandmother's that she wore back in the 80's and 90's.  My Nana is a very hip lady. She gave them to me a few years ago and it is always fun to bust them out!
 

 


 
Fun times!!!
 
In other news,
 
I found a great deal on fabric to recover my outdoor chairs so check back in this week for my final reveal on those!
 
 
All painted, now ready for their new outfit!
 
Wielding a staple gun,
 
the baby giraffe

1 comment:

  1. Ahhhhhhhhhhhh, love the pic of us from Saturday night! Thanks y'all for coming to celebrate my birth! XOXO

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis