Friday, November 1, 2013

Our happy place

 I guess it is time to kiss another Halloween goodbye!


Sad, but true.

As you read this, the Fella and I are headed to his family's ranch in Southwest Texas to spend the weekend and see his folks while they are visitng from Colorado.

We will be cut off from all wireless, cell phones and TV.  Just family, good food, wine and the land.  Oh how I love the ranch!

It is located in texas Hill Country and is so beautiful.  I read this article that said that Texas Hillcounrty is "like Tuscany but with cowboys."  It is so true.  We have lots of hills and lots of wine. And horses.

Link

I always come back feeling re-connected with the Earth.  Seeing all that beautiful land reminds me of just how small I am and of all of the beautiful Earth I have yet to see.  It is a magical feeling.



Plus, there is a winery nearby and also we do stuff like this...



This was not in motion and they wear helmets!





But I am mostly there for the Earth.



Happy Trails,

tbg

3 comments:

  1. Looks like a super fun place-- enjoy your trip! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I would have NEVER thought that Texas had wine. Really? Color me surprised.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being cut off from internet and cell service sounds perfect right about now! Happy weekend and enjoy!
    xx Lexi, Glitter, Inc.

    ReplyDelete

ShareThis